14 warm, funny, and inspiring stories, including “Forget Me Not”, “Beginner’s Guide to Gardening”, “My Velveeta Box Garden” … and more!
This back issue of The Weeder’s Digest includes the following gardening stories and tales:
- Forget Me Not A flower and a plea.
- Beginner’s Guide to Gardening That I can give you. A guide to romance…?
- My Velveeta Box Garden An early lesson in gardening—and in life.
- One Disastrous Mistake Do you really want to run your own nursery?
- Manure, Sweet Manure Gardeners have treasured it for centuries.
- Dandelions For Sale Turning Dad’s weeds into my profits.
- The Sweet Smell of Rain It’s all due to the “jumping dirt”—springtails—in your soil.
- In Praise of Snags Homes for squirrels, owls, woodpeckers—and ducks?
- Silent Speech James’ parting gift.
- No Longer the Hero Not Peter Rabbit. No siree.
- Pull, I Mean, Push! How a tiller can help you deliver.
- Who’s Watching Who? Do bears dance? Not as well as Marty and I do!
- The Last Two A pair of leftover seedlings find a very special home.
- Mama vs. the Blackberries Where’s the line between what life to deter—and what to protect?