“My Row of 2000”, “I Hate Cutting Grass”, “The Botanical Magician”, “An Injured Goose”, “A Dish Best Not Served”, “The Hidden Life of Trees” … and much, much more!
This back issue of The Weeder’s Digest includes the following gardening stories and tales:
- My Row of 2,000 Planting a field of tomatoes or getting my nails ready for a wedding: Which is more important?
- I Hate Cutting Grass So I taught my mower to do it for me!
- The Survivor Even thought it spent a year in a box, this little daffodil bulb bloomed … years later!
- The Botanical Magician That was my dad. And his best trick was on us.
- An Injured Goose Why I decided it was better for her to leave her be.
- Get to Stay Never name a stray plant, or–like a stray pet–it may …
- The Plant That Was Held Prisoner Another wacky gardening adventure by former Organic Gardening Editor Mike McGrath
- Poor Little Hearts? What does a gardener do with aging chickens–write poems to them?
- Help! I’m a gardener. With a problem.
- A Dish Best Not Served For me, that’s true–of revenge and spinach.
- My Most Hated Vegetable Lima beans don’t want us to eat them. They want us dead.
- Taking a Moment To Be Still Sometimes we forget.
- Black-Eyed Suzies Losing Mom and Dad.
- The Hidden Life of Trees Trees go so far as to feed each other!
- Why I Didn’t Want To Go To Italy Remember what Dorothy said about Kansas?